I forgot some important ones:
- When I feel my child is not being all together truthful, I tell him to stick out his tongue. I then announce, “It’s black, you’re lying!” The child will then rush to the mirror to see, but I explain that only I can see it and/or it disappears quickly.
- When my children hurt themselves through horseplay, they are told “That’s what you get” rather than given a hug.
- I have said to various nieces and nephews, “Don’t make me hit you in front of your mother.”
- I have told my children that the loud noise that appears to be coming from my behind is actually an elephant running under my chair.
- I firmly believe that TV is a good babysitter.
- I’m considering getting a paint stick for the car (you can hit five children in one swing with a paint stick!).
Yowza. I know there are more, I just cannot think of them right now. I am not just channeling my parents. I am my parents. Prophecy fulfilled.